Friday 3 February 2012

Video: M.I.A. - Bad Girls


It must be hard being M.I.A., being the coolest person on the planet and all. She defines the word swag and can pretty much do whatever she wants. Mrs 'I'm going to perform at the Grammys, while nine months pregnant, and still look amazing'.

'Paper Planes' off of her second album Kala, was a career defining moment for Maya. The success of that song is proof that you can still make it in the music industry by not compromising and making the music that you love and believe in. Although, while I have my doubts if she'll ever be able to achieve that amount of mainstream success off of the back of one song again, M.I.A. still knows how to make hits ('XXXO' was one of the best songs of 2010).

Maya is returning in 2012 with an, as yet, untitled fourth album, and 'Bad Girls' looks to be the first single from this project. The visuals for this song were directed by Romain Gavras, who directed the infamous 'Born Free' video, from her third album /\/\ /\ Y /\. Check out the 'Bad Girls' video below.


No comments:

Post a Comment