Saturday 11 February 2012

Song of the Day: #17


It was just a matter of time until I made a Lil Wayne track my song of the day. Since I first heard 'Fireman', off of Tha Carter II, I've never been able to get enough of Wayne. Everything about him fascinates me. From the copious amounts of tattoos and the syrup addiction, to the fact he's never written down a lyric. The man is a one of a kind, and a one of a kind that just kind of happens to be the best rapper alive. Hell, even when he wants to reinvent himself as a rockstar he completely owns that shit. Weezy can do no wrong in my eyes.

I took the inspiration for today's SOTD from an Azealia Banks tweet, that alerted me to a track I'd been sleeping on. 'Something You Forgot' is from the Tha Carter III Mixtape that accompanied the classic album of the same name. The song demonstrates Wanye at his very best, when he's rapping from the heart about real issues. You can listen to 'Something You Forgot' below.

No comments:

Post a Comment