Tuesday 7 February 2012

Song of the Day: #13


Wiley, if nothing, is prolific. Last week he released his most recent album, Evolve Or Be Extinct, which is ninth studio album in eight years. EOBE is, in my opinion, his most impressive piece of work to date, but that doesn't mean he's lacked in ability on his previous outings. Everyone knows the masterpiece that was 'Wearing My Rolex', which dominated playlists in clubs and parties all over the country in 2008. Personal favourite tracks from the self-pronounced 'Godfather of Grime' include; 'Numbers In Action', 'Take That' and 'What Do U Call It?'.

While often controversial, Wiley is always entertaining and definitely has an eye for talent, which is why he enlisted Ed Sheeran to sing the hook on Chill Out Zone highlight, 'If I Could'. I'm not really a big fan of Ed Sheeran, too much of the same thing can be a bit tiring, which is why I bored easily of Ed's debut album +. However, he has the perfect voice for a hook on a laid-back beat, like the one on 'If I Could'. Listen to the song below.

No comments:

Post a Comment