Wednesday 29 February 2012

Song of the Day: #28


If you haven't heard of Mz. Bratt, then you need to get familiar because she's about to take over the UK music scene.

'Get Dark' was the first thing I heard from Cleopatra Humphrey, and it blew my mind. It was just so raw and fresh, really marking her out as one of the brightest talents in the UK female rap scene. Features on tracks with Fugative, Wiley and Wolf Gang also really whetted my appetite for more Mz. Bratt solo material. When her mixtape, Elements, dropped it definitely filled that whole for a while, but I always felt that there was bigger and better things to come from the rapper. Then she dropped 'Falling Down', a radio-friendly pop-rap gem, which has reassured me that Bratt can bring the goods. Have a listen to 'Falling Down' below and let me know what you think.


BONUS: Have a listen to the fucking fantastic song, 'Ouch', by Dionne Bromfield which features Mz. Bratt. I am ALL ABOUT Dionne Bromfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment