Thursday 23 February 2012

Song of the Day: #25


Gorillaz, Andre 3000 and James Murphy on one track?! That shit cray! The genius' at Converse have struck gold again.

The fourth instalment of Converse's 'Three Artists. One Track.' project is just as brilliant as their previous three instalments. In 2008 we had the storming summer-anthem, 'My Drive Thru', featuring none other than Pharrell, Santigold and Julian Casablancas (not too shabby), following on from that we had 2010 effort, 'All Summer', which featured the talents of Kid Cudi, Best Coast and Rostam Batmanglij (of Vampire Weekend). 2011 saw Converse turn their swag on *RUBBISH PUN ALERT* as they enlisted Soulja Boy, Matt & Kim and Andrew WK for 'I'm A Goner'.

I'm not going to lie, 'My Drive Thru' has always been my favourite, due to me being a complete Santigold stan, but 2012's track, 'DoYaThing', runs a close second. A classic Damon Albarn vocal performance, a bouncy James Murphy chorus and pure gold from Three Stacks makes this track irresistible. You can download the track for free from the Converse website, here. But, if you'd rather have a listen first, you can do below.


p.s. Make sure you listen to 'My Drive Thru'. It's insanely good.

No comments:

Post a Comment