Friday 24 February 2012

Song of the Day: #26


It was just a matter of time until this happened.

OK, you caught me. I love Glee, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Everything about it is brilliant, from the fantastically comical one-liners, to the never-ending list of cover songs. Even the shitty covers are brilliant. Today's SOTD comes from the most recent episode of Glee, 'On My Way', which saw the cast perform in the annual regional show-choir competition. Despite having some brilliant songs on the show, (shout-out to the 'Fly / I Believe I Can Fly' mash-up) I have chosen 'Cough Syrup', originally by Young the Giant, performed by Blaine Anderson (real name Darren Criss). While he's not my favourite singer on the show, he does an amazing job with this performance. Check it out below.


p.s. If you are one of those people that hate all songs that are on Glee, then that must mean that you hate all cover songs, right? If you hate cover songs then surely that means you don't like music, for the music, you like music for who sings it, right? Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment